German Estate Attorney / Erbrechtsanwalt (m/w)
The Transatlantic Estate Law Firm PLLC is looking to hire a German Associate Attorney to work on our high volume of estate planning and estate administration matters related to Germany. This is an outstanding opportunity for a candidate to expand his/her knowledge and practical experience handling sophisticated international matters.
- Advise clients on German inheritance law and estate settlements;
- Conduct research and draft memoranda and attorney opinions on German inheritance law and related tax issues both in English and in German;
- Conduct inheritance-related court proceedings in Germany;
- Supervise the paralegal work on estate settlements;
- Prepare German inheritance tax returns;
- Significant client contact;
- Interaction with German courts, financial institutions and tax authorities;
- Part-time work is possible.
- 2 to 6 years of relevant law firm experience;
- Exceptional writing ability both in English and in German;
- License to practice law in Germany;
- Eligibility to register as a Foreign Legal Consultant in the District of Columbia;
- Authorization to work in the United States;
- Intellectual rigor, reliability and thoroughness;
- Outstanding people skills.
What We Offer
- Exceptional opportunity to expand knowledge and skills;
- A pleasant and collegial work atmosphere;
- Own office with window;
- High salary;
- Retirement plan contributions;
- Health insurance, if needed;
- Access to Beck-Online;
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a writing sample to email@example.com.